I am the founder of My Creative Classroom. We offer online arts and craft classes to students around the world. I started MCC seven years ago and thus began my journey as a stamp collector. During the early years of My Creative Classroom I barely had time to catch my breath, much less time to create. Unfortunately, I often turn to shopping to meet my creative needs. (I know many of you have done the same from time to time.) Rubber stamps quickly became my favorite creative substitute.
Fast forward to 2013. I have now amassed a large number of rubber stamps. Many of which I have never used. Some still in their original packaging. Do I feel guilty about this? No. I know my intent was good and rubber stamps never go out of style. I don't believe guilt is a helpful emotion and I would rather focus my energy on using my stamps. I still have a very limited amount of crafting time, but I believe I can meet this weekly challenge. What's more...I hope you choose to join me. So let's get started.
If you are a student at My Creative Classroom, then you know one of my goals has always been to help you use your 'stuff'. This challenge is an extension of that goal. The challenge has two components.
- This blog. Every Monday I will post what stamps I will be work with....with pictures of course. And what projects I plan to complete. Most of my projects will be cards, but I will also be creating journaling spots and tags. Every Friday I will post the results....with more pictures. You will be able to join in the fun by posting your own work.
- The class. We will be hosting a free class at My Creative Classroom. During the class you will learn about the challenge in greater detail. It is not just about using my stamps, but also organizing my stamps in the year long process. I will share how I organized my stamps and my stamp supplies and why I am taking the entire year to organize them. I am happy to announce that many of the MCC Faculty will be joining in the fun. You will also have the chance to set your own 2013 goal and 'officially' join the challenge.
- Step by step instructions for my projects. That is not the point of this blog. And it would be to hard not to overlap with the classes we teach.
- I am focusing my challenge on unmounted stamp sets. So you will find only limited use of wood mounted stamps, foam stamps or alpha stamps. Hmmmmmmm....that sounds like a good challenge for 2014. :)
- Pressure-This challenge is meant to be fun. If you choose to participate, and I hope you do, I encourage you to make the challenge work for you. Adapt it to fit your needs no mine. And if you join the class is you can how the participating teachers will be approaching the challenge.